Monday, September 29, 2008

Another Long Day

On another nine plus hour day we ordered Indian food from King of Tandoor for dinner. I ordered the Lamb Passanda, the dragon was so into the lamb cooked in yogurt and spices that before I could stop it, it jumped into my food! I was unfazed and, from all appearances, so was the dragon.

It was good, the dish. And I think my coworkers may have taken to it more than I did, for example I'm pretty sure that in subsequent Indian meals others have ordered the dish. That's me, Lamb Passanda trend setter. I keep telling myself I'll get Bindi Baji (Bhaji?), tasty little okra, mmmm.

3 comments:

J said...

I never thought I'd say this, but it seems the Indian food in Philadelphia is a lot more diverse than in NY.

Most Indian restaurants here are actually run by Bangladeshis-except in like Queens. The menus are all generally the same, good, but not very interesting.

I am jealous.

cc said...

I'm not sure that could possibly be true. Are you saying that you're hearing of dishes you've never had? They could very well be on the menu, you've just skipped over it with your eyes.

I do this all the time, I search out what I know I like and sometimes miss a dish that could be quite tasty.

The thing of it is that reading a menu, cover to cover, is work.

J said...

Well a lot of Indian restaurants, especially in Brooklyn have basically the same exact menu. It's pretty simple.

I do think it's not impossible that Indians in the Philly are may be from different regions than in NY.

I dunno.

Your Indian meals look really good.