Thursday, September 18, 2008

Snacky Pretty.

In the time it took me to change my flat tire it went from warm to absolutely 90+ degrees hot. I was flustered and annoyed and no longer wanted to walk anywhere in the heat. So I didn't. I went to E's instead and just hung out with her, her boyfriend and her family. I felt a little bad about it but not enough to do anything about it. I made an attempt to get a piece of wood for my futon and a spare for my car and struck out in one of those endeavors. Then went back to E's...where we quickly drove over to Mr. Ass' house. There was talk of a carrot cake plan but I didn't stay long enough for that, or a walk that may have happened, I was too worn out from the party, the flat tire and the heat. But I did stay long enough for homemade baba ghanouj, freshly roasted peppers, tasty olives and Greek cheese (the name of which I know and the taste of which I am familiar but that, at this particular moment in time I cannot tell you). I didn't stay long since, well, I still had a craptastic spare tire on my car and didn't feel like driving down 95 in the darkness (the ultimate irony of this you will never know).

So. Work is getting to be busy. Not as busy as it will be but definitely not a 9-5 situation. I left work about ten minutes ago but still have another hour or so of stuff that needs to get done before tomorrow morning. I just couldn't sit in the office any more. It seems that I'm working hard. But there really isn't any other option in this line of work...you either get it all done or you don't. Ah me. I've never been a busy bee but now I see what it's done to me....I don't really, that just rhymed so nicely. (more rhymes!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Halloumi cheese maybe?
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloumi)

The photo is really pretty...

Angi West said...

I would like a bite of that, hey Caroline, I am glad you are in Philly!!

cc said...

Halloumi is exactly right. In fact, as I was writing this post I anted to say that was the name of the cheese...but I thought I was wrong, but I was right!

Yay
!

J said...

That's a stunning view.