Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Early Start

I had already made broad plans to hang out with E. and Mr. Ass on Sunday but when I awoke super early, I decided that I would just head north and take in a few nostalgic sights before figuring out exactly how and when we would see each other. The first sights were, unsurprisingly, a brief tour of my old high school. I try to avoid the place when the possibility of seeing students is high, and 9-10 in the morning on a Sunday is a pretty good bet (I considered waiting around until 10:45 and going to meeting but, in the end, I couldn't bear to see the stream of kids in barely concealed pajama pants straggling down the hill to the meeting house). Below is a photograph of the barn and horse fields. As a Varsity equestrian I spent a fair amount of my fall and spring around the barn. Next to it is the greenhouse and garden, as a senior I spent a modicum of time there. And in the distance you can see Main Dorm, the dorm that I in which I spent my sophomore through senior years.
Another Main shot. If I weren't so lazy I'd draw little arrows to identify the two windows you could see from this angle that I had....and a third arrow to point in the general direction.
The rink (?) when we practiced. During the fall the cross country boys would always run by during practice. I remember always sitting up a little straighter and hoping that I'd be jumping a hard combination in order to seem impressive. It never seemed to matter.
I actually got out of my car. I usually get scared. I remember my high school years in a mix of fondness and dread. I'd honestly have to say I think they were better than the average high schooler's experience but, perhaps, not as idyllic as some of my fellow classmates'.

1 comment:

J said...

Wow George School is way prettier than AFS.

But at least we're much older!