Friday, June 29, 2007

Walky To The Steep

Around Monday I walked to Morgan's Steep. It's not that far from the house, really, but I still felt accomplished doing it. Next is getting back into actually hiking around the perimeter...the town's on a mountain you see so there are edges and gulleys and steep, steep, erm, steepness. But that day I simply walked there and then went down the steps...
I've tried to give you a sense of how steep and whatnot the stairs are. I also took photographs of the not gently sloping as much as sheer droppingness which is the area unfortunately I don't think I really succeeded. Oh well. Above: stairs going down. Below: looking up at the stairs and rock and whatnot.
Sewanee and the surrounding area is chock full of cool rocky overhangs and little caves and big caves and stuff.

No comments: