Friday, June 29, 2007

Crab Wontons and Rangoon Pockets

I haven't been eating too shabbily here but I haven't been making anything too exciting. It's hard to get excited when the only person eating the food is yourself. So I asked my parents' friends/kind of mine too who invited me to dinner to come to my house so I could make food for them. These are the test run crab wontons and rangoon pockets I made as appetizers for them. They turned out well. Of course, the problem was that I assumed that the husband wouldn't eat them as he's a vegetarian but that his wife would (I have totally seen her eat meat and my mother often comments on this aspect of her...or smoething) but I was wrong. So I made these pretty things and then neither of them could eat them...which made it seem like I was some cold-hearted cook taunting them with shellfish. I also made salad and lasagna...so they did get fed.

No comments: