Thursday, June 21, 2007

Southern Lunchy

Before they left the sister and her boyfriend and I went to the Monteagle Diner for lunch. This was mainly because we were hungry and I'd never been and was interested in knowing how it all was. It was all okay. I had the pork platter which, on the menu, came with fries, slaw and corn fritters. It was the fritters that sealed the deal for me...unfortunately my concept of what a 'fritter' is and what the diner does is, well, radically different. Behold their concept of a fritter:
I'd call the above a pancake. Or corncake. Or flat corn breadcake. Not fritter, my friends. Nope. The meat was okay...though my pulled pork was, I think, more tender. Their sauce was better though.

I had coconut pie for dessert. The other two shared peanutbutter pie. I tried a bite of their pie and found it tastier than my own.

No comments: