Saturday, May 12, 2007

Dinner Chez Cotes du Rhone

After the movie and a bit of regrouping my parents and I went to Cotes de Rhone for our last meal together. My father was jonesing for a more traditional French bistro type meal. At first I thought we'd go to La Tache and I'd have their killer Salade Lyonnaise. But a fellow Chicagoista had recently written a review of Cotes du Rhone and it was favorable so I thought why not go with something new. I am a very good thinker. What did we eat? We had the duck pate appetizer...it purportedly had truffles, but I didn't pick up on them. Still very good, classic presentation (except for the tomatoes).
Also the mussels appetizer. Very plump mussels in a creamalicious sauce.
Then we split two entrees between the three of us. The entrees were both specials. Below is the veal chop which our waiter compared to a veal prime rib. I realize that I love veal. Or that I'm very fond of it at least.
Our other entree was the beef tenderloin which was truly amazing. Cooked medium rare, nice and pink on the inside but nice and brown on the outside. It was a very tender, juicy, yummy piece of meat. The sides were also very good. Neither plate was completely cleared, that's howmuch food they gave us. I would most definitely go back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yum!

I thought you might like this lady:

http://kaasmeisje.blogspot.com/