Monday, May 21, 2007

Graduation Day

So. Saturday was my graduation. I am officially a graduate. I can now say 'back when I was in graduate school' and 'I have a terminal degree'. I actually didn't attend the event. I just wasn't feeling the sitting and listening and sitting and listening and sun and sitting and listening. But a bunch of other people did and when they were done they came and sat and listened on my front porch. They also brought tasty food and wine. I felt celeberatory without having to leave my house!
This is a photograph of just some of the people who were on the porch. Others were also present. It was a really warm nice few hours. The next day was kind of cold and windy and it wouldn't have been half as nice. Ah the graduation weather gods, so much they do for us, so much.

Today I'm pulling some loose strings together and preparing myself (and Zul the cat) for our epic road trip to Tennessee...then my epic road trip to Georgia...then the boyfriend's and my slightly-less-than-epic road trip to the Gulf Coast of Florida...where we will camp on an island and eat fish and shrimp and things. Today I'm also writing up to sample blurbs for a job I've been interviewed for...which happens to be in Key West. So. Well. That's what I"m doing. Of course first I'll probably do another blog post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Here are some pix for Zul: http://limamikecharlie.blogspot.com/