Saturday, May 05, 2007

Basically


Alright. So basically, my friend Kate is pretty awesome. She's one of my favorites. She's currently finishing up her own graduate program and this morning I (and a bunch of people Kate knows) got this email. I'm going to just paste this sucker right into this post. And then you should go see Kate's show and webpage because she's worth it.

Dear All,

Sorry about the late notice, but I'm writing invite/inform you about
exciting upcoming ITP Spring Show. It is my last ITP show ever! So
sorry about the late notice - I've been caught up in completing my
thesis. You check out the archive of the presentation I gave this week
here:
http://itp.nyu.edu/thesis/spring2007/stream.php?movieID=434

Information about the show is below. This semester I have three
projects included:
----"This Device is for You." - My thesis project.
(http://www.thisdeviceisforyou.com)
----"LUVunderground" - a telephone project based on the idea of
recording & sharing "missed moments" that occur in the New York City
subway system
----"Heely's Hack: Energy Shoes" - a project that came out of my
Sustainable Energy class that looks at how to harness kinetic energy
generated by the roller shoes that all the kids are wearing these days

I hope you all can come or check things out virtually. It's been a
really incredible two years and I am both excited and sad to see it
coming to an end. Hope you all are well and enjoying the lovely
spring!

Best,
Kate Hartman

No comments: