Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Dinner At Andie's

So my parents came to town Sunday evening after a rousing good time in Kentucky. Our first dinner out was at Andie's and it was so so. I enjoyed the taramasalata and falafel though my parents weren't all that impressed by either. Or, rather, they realized that they don't particularly care for falafel. Then we all had the gyros dinner special. I feel that I've somehow managed to go my whole life without trying gyros and so I thought what better time to change all that then on Sunday night. Thing is, they weren't as moist and juicy flavorful as I expected.

It was a good sized plate but eh. Our server was definitely lackluster. He took our appetizer order then disappeared for such a long amount of time I wondered if he would ever come back to take the rest of our order. And he was brusque. Not brusque. Brisk? Familiar but removed. Intent on selling us more alcohol (to which we politely declined) and coming to the table saying dessert as he arrived in a yucky tone. What? And then the bill. He gave my father the check. My father put money down. Then we waited. And waited. And waited. Until, finally, another waiter took our check because he saw how forlorn and potentially pissed we were getting. I've had good food at Andie's and good service as well. But Sunday was not a very good example of either.

2 comments:

Asian Butterfly said...

Hi! I really like your blog. Your pics are very artistic and colourful. I wish I could get mine to turn out like that too!

cc said...

Thank you kindly. It's all about natural light. Kind of. Maybe?