Saturday, May 12, 2007

Lunch at Duck Walk

On Wednesday my parents and I went to Duck Walk on Belmont for lunch. They have a $5.50 lunch special that gives you one appetizer and one noodle dish or entree. We all had the special but added Tom Yum soup into the mix. Unfortunately the soup wasn't very good. It was sweet. Sweet in a very disconcerting and not to my liking kind of way. I dumped a bunch of hot pepper sauce into mine to try to cut it...but it didn't work. Tom Yum to me should definitely have more lemongrass flavor along with a kick.
The fried tofu and sauce was perfectly acceptable.
As was my pad see ew (or however you spell it).
Afterwards we wandered on down to Landmark Century Theater to watch The Namesake. It was pretty faithful to the book but they did make a few changes (like the family's location) that I didn't understand the point of. Kal Pen wasn't all that good as Gogol. But the actor and actress who played the parents were great.

No comments: