Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Awful

So I've kept my immense sadness over the news that Veronica Mars was cancelled on the down low but I just watched the "season finale" and I think it's absolutely awful. The two hour 'finale' was just the last two episodes, it seems, they filmed, complete with beginning and end credits. Oh and complete with being stupid. If a show's cancelled it shouldn't end of a cliff hanger. It should end with bows and ribbons and someone driving off somewhere nice. The lack of resolution of any kind and the knowledge that there never will be is entirely unacceptable to me. And though I could easily write the episode I'd like to see conclude the series, well, that takes the fun out of watching. I don't want to know for sure that things will work out to my liking...so writing the damn thing is out. And I'm not somebody who signs petitions generally speaking...it always ends up with me getting a lot more mail and address labels.

This also extremely limits the possibility of any publication being interested in my Veronica Mars essay. She was never really a recognizable part of pop culture in the first place but being cancelled won't make any thing better. Not one thing.

Stupid cancellers of Veronica Mars.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You don't think that it could have been your fault for writing so often in your otherwise delightful essay "If I was Veronica Mars" instead of "If I were Veronica Mars"?