Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Chipotle Tabasco Spices Up Medium Boiled Egg

I've been taking a lot of photographs of food that a good number of people find disgusting. Each time this happens I look at the photograph in question. I look at it close. Sometimes I can kind of see how someone could find it gross but other times it's so obviously what it is in all its truth. Cheese coming out of a calzone is not puss, it's yummy. This photograph, however, I totally understand how it could be gross. The two colors just don't work well. But I gotta say chipotle tabasco with a medium boiled egg is actually quite tasty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have a "never fail" recipe for ending with a truly MEDIUM boiled egg?
Squeamish about uncooked eggwhite

cc said...

What I do is this. Well actually, first off...

my definition of a medium boiled egg:
the yolk is a bit solid but still runny and the egg white is solid.

How I do it:
I get a small saucepan of water and get it boiling. Then I gently put two eggs into the boiling water. I let them boil, uncovered or molested, for seven minutes. That will guarantee you a hard medium egg. Six minutes the yolk will be a bit runny and, sometimes, the egg white won't be as firm.

so 61/2 to 7 minutes equals medium boiled egg...every time.