Monday, May 14, 2007

Vassarites Attack

After the half pitcher of margaritas and big plate of food I consumed, I was happy to go home and continue my strict regimen of job searching (and getting scared) and television watching. Unfortunately just as I began to settle back in (or maybe I should say fortunately) my phone rang. It was a Vassarite who was hanging out with another Vassarite, waiting for two more Vassarites (and one non-Vassarite) at Nick's Uptown Bar. I had a choice between staying in and going out. I went out because I wanted to see these guys and to not go out would be to strengthen my overwhelming feeling of hermititude. It was a bunch of fun. Free cigarettes were gotten and drinks were drunken. But this other thing happened too. Vassarite in green and I went to the bar to get a drink. It was crowded. I'm talking to him when suddenly I feel someone pinch my ass. This is not all right with me, so I turn around. Some thick-necked, stupid-hair cut dude is sitting on a stool looking at me like I'm confused. Then he points to the girl on the other side of him and says she did it. I ask why. They say because I was sitting in the dude's lap. This is not true. Even if it was true, I would think the better way to deal with it would be to ask me to move not have a girl pinch my ass...the logic being why would I be mad if a girl did it. I was mad, however, and yet they continued acting as if I was crazy. But I'm not crazy. It's simply not all right for any person I don't know (and in some cases even if I do know them) to pinch my ass, or any other part of my body. Is this too much to ask? Have the rules of bars changed so much since I stopped going to them all the time? I think not.

No comments: