Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Fuller

The day before a long drive and extended stay away from home is always a bit bustling. At least it is for me. There are last minute things you need to do like: get an oil change, buy a bathing suit, get the car washed, buy vitamins for the boyfriend, but chorizo for the boyfriend, get replacement bulbs for burned out brake light, get car washed. Then there's packing.

But first an explanation of the photograph above. See my car, whose name (though I hardly ever say it out loud) is Lola, has had this strange sappy film on it since I drove it up in January. Sticky stuff that doesn't come off without a fight. Add to that the fact that my parking space is under a large pine tree that likes to drop needles onto the sap and also houses birds who like to poop indiscrimanately onto the sap and you've got yourself a dirty car. Yesterday (or maybe the day before) both of my parents called to ask me about my itinerary and both also found a way to ask if I was going to clean my car. I said no. But then, in the end, I went to a car wash and spent 8 dollars to get Lola clean. Problem is (and this is a problem I have known about in the past but forgotten) is that my car has a rather simple sunroof...the kind where you crank a thingy and the top slides back. It's very nice on hot days but it's not so nice when you're going through a car wash and forget that it's not sealed very well and then suddenly water is dripping liberally down on your head, seats, borrowed book, wallet, crotch, back and ipod. Thus the photograph...I googled 'drenched cc' and this came up. The girl's expression, though blurry, mirrors my own when the water started coming in.

And the kicker? Though the car is a bit cleaner the sap hasn't really gone away and now my car smells like car wash chemicals.

Also. If you'd like to see a very edited video of the media smack down go here. Our jokes were often longer than what you see and (somehow at the time anyway) funnier.

1 comment:

J said...

Congrats on graduating! Toby is so proud.