Friday, March 12, 2010

Permitted Walk Along Forbidden Drive

After dress searching, we went to the nearby Costco for a few things/snacks (sometimes I really wish that I could rationalize buying a five pound bag of frozen sausage patties...those samples are soooooo good), and then headed on over to Fairmount Park, particularly the Forbidden Drive area of the park. It's silly that I don't go out there more often, since it's way pretty and walking a few miles isn't hard when the weather's good and the looking's easy. It turned out to be maple syrup sugar day, which was funny since I was at the last event with J. and S. last year (I remember the flowers being so magical). I had every intention of buying more maple sugar candy, and taking photographs of the different tables...but by the time L. and I returned from our loop, the event had closed and all remnants disappeared. We probably walked about a three mile loop, she suggested it was more than that, but I have a pretty good sense of three miles.
This covered bridge was fun.
L. suggested that I get a photograph taken, I liked the idea.
Then we switched and L. did a bit more adventurous poses.


Statue/monument thingy way up on high/yonder. The people there waved at us.
We waved back.
It was a gorgeous day, and it was nice to stretch the legs a bit more than I have been. If it weren't supposed to rain so stinkin' much this weekend, I think I'd go back to Fairmount Park and explore a bit more. Maybe not explore. I wouldn't want to be murdered by accident. What? Shhh.

No comments: