Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Cheesy, Hammy Toast

For dinner the other night, I wanted to make a sort of down-home, bastardized, cheap version of Tria's truffled egg toast. My idea was, butter upa piece of bread, put a slice or two of ham on it, cover in cheese and broil...while poaching an egg to plop on top. Unfortunately my foolproof poaching technique (which was foolproof the first, and only time, I had tried it) wasn't so foolproof. I am the fool and I broke the technique. So, in the end, it was just cheesy hammy toast.
Still tasty, but not quite as magical.

3 comments:

Huckleberry said...

Hmm, maybe you want to convince someone to fund a poached-egg-research-trip to Melbourne?

http://thebreakfastblog.blogspot.com/2010/01/mitte-north-fitzroy.html

j, foodie blog enthusiast said...

OK, i know you've tried everything, so i'm quite sure you've tried this. but i HAD to forward it to you, anyway. i mean, it's Thomas freaking Keller! (i landed on the link via tastespotting - aka my favorite site on the web - so i don't have any affiliation w/this blog or anything. it's my first time seeing it)
http://yummysupper.blogspot.com/2010/03/perfect-poached-eggs-thank-you-thomas.html

cc said...

I like how everyone is telling origin stories. Well, really just the two of you.

And by origin stories, I mean: 'how we started reading your blog' stories.

Sigh.

Thanks for the links! I will have to try, try and try again. It's like, if I did it once I must be able to do it again. Right? I hope that is true in so many different aspects of my life:)