Sunday, March 07, 2010

Cheese, Paella, Costumes and Cookies

Last Sunday I went over to J. and J.'s for dinner and hanging out. He-J put together quite the satisfying cheese plate, though I think we all gravitated especially to the Humboldt Fog Truffle Tremor cheese. I didn't know it existed, but now that I do, I may want to eat it all the time. The blue and the goat gouda cheeses were also quite tasty, but man, oh man, a ooey gooey creamy goat cheese with truffley goodness? Um. Well. Come on. Let's get real. What more could you possibly want. I have been saying it for a while, but the fact is I really would marry cheese and have its cheese babies. Especially this cheese.
Spot the kid.
S. and N. were in fine spirits. N. put on his dad's nightcap at one point and referred to himself as "Mr. Crazy."
He-J. made a tasty seafood paella with salmon and langoustines and bacon and red peppers and, I'm sure, a few other ingredients I am forgetting.
It was quite to my liking.
S., as he often does when I'm around, and probably when I'm not, had a mid-evening costume change.
He-J also recently made a fresh batch of limoncello and oh it was lovely. A little more fresh lemony. Refreshing and giggle inducing.
See. There are the giggles.

I then took a picture of the feet that sprouted from my belly all of a sudden.
I brought some of the cookies I had made earlier that day. This is proof of two things: that cookies were eaten and that my head is huge and I have no discernible chin. It's fine. I don't even care.
She-J tried on the costume but ran into a problem with head size.
He-J tried out the stroller-on-head look.
More shenanigans were had.
I asked He-J to take a photograph of She-J and the kids and me on the sofa, but we couldn't get our act together to all look at the camera/good at the same time.
Here, She-J and I are making eye contact while the kids watch Spirited Away.


I always enjoy hanging out with these folks, and this visit was particularly spirited and entertaining. Thanks to the whole clan!

4 comments:

j, foodie blog enthusiast said...

you need some quality time in NY - at murray's cheese shop for take-home goodness and then a dinner at artisanal fromagerie (oh they also have a cheese counter there for additional take-home-edness!). the cheese cave...ohhhhh, the cheese cave. be sure to request a seat right by it! i -heart- artisanal fromagerie.

that's pretty much my perfect day. and i'm happy to say i've experienced it a few times now!

cc said...

i must look into this. perhaps i will find my perfect cheese husband!

J said...

This is true, though Murray's is super expensive.

cc said...

See. What I need is a cheese-daddy. You know, kind of like a sugar-daddy...only focused on the cheese. My dad, actually, is a pretty good cheese-daddy when he's around.

Wow. That was a weird line of thought. Oh well. No one reads comments once they get this far down the page.