Thursday, March 18, 2010

Painted Room Part I

A long, long time ago L. and I made a deal: she would paint my room if I would make her dinner in the form of crab cakes. More than a year later, this deal was put into effect. Last Saturday L. began the process of painting half of my room. Here is what it looked like after I rearranged all my furniture in a way that would give L. access to all the necessary walls.

L. arrived around 1 on Saturday. A rainy, nasty Saturday, and soon got down to the painting. I helped a little with some taping, but kept out of the way for the most part...the entire reason I don't want to paint is because I don't have the patience for detail that one needs to have a successful painting process.
S. said he was ordering pizza, so we jumped on that bandwagon and ordered the fresca pizza from Luigi's. S. ordered an artichoke and pepperoni pizza that looked quite tasty.
I sat at my computer and blogged and futzed while L. toiled. It was fun watching the progress.
Blue!
Bluel!
Zul doesn't seem to mind all this activity. He may be glad that I finally did a good cat hair sweep after moving the bed. Ugh. Gross.
The evening wore on, a Rummy 500/St. Stephens Green break was had; a second coat of paint was painted; and chocolate beers were consumed.
L. started on the trim yesterday, and it's looking good. Also? I am sleeping in a bed fort and may rearrange my room so that I am permanently sleeping in a bed fort. Would this be creepy to you or awesome? L. didn't understand the awesomeness of the bed fort until last night, so maybe you have to see it to believe it. Soon enough that will be a reality.

2 comments:

nc catherine said...

Wow what a great friend to trade painting for crabcakes! Awesome color, and the window details pop out nicely. A bed fort sounds interesting...the idea of a bed floating in the middle of the room sort of makes my vertigo kick in, how is that for weird? Untethered bed free floating in space yahhhhhhhhhhh.

So, no red in the mix?

cc said...

No red. L. has done a lot of work on the trim, so I'll post photographs of that soon. Yeah, the free floating bed is a little weird; it breaks up the room in kind of a weird way...but I think with a little rearranging of the space it could work.