Thursday, March 11, 2010

Grown Up Dress Up

Even though we knew the exact dress L. wanted to see wasn't there, we still decided that going out to King of Prussia Mall and looking around at what was available was a good idea (the place is terrifyingly vast). Though we went to sleep late, we were up and out of the house by 10 am. Go us. I forgot how much fun it can be to try on hideous clothing with another person. I think we both regretted not trying on more. This little pink number's hem was just about half an inch below our ass cheeks, and so laden with fake rose thingies that I felt like a baby in a swimming diaper.
Yeah.
L. turned into a rose-diaper-dress zombie. It was terrifying!
Then there was this one strap number with a bunch of ruffles. It reminded me of something a hooker trying to blend in at a prom might wear.
And then another shorty shorty, which made L. feel the need to surf.

I posted my favorite photograph on the day it was taken, I was so pleased with us. But here are a few outtakes of L. trying to fly like an ostrich.
While it was all fun and games, I did learn that I don't look quite as bad in a strapless dress as I assumed I would. In fact, and I think this is probably just a matter of being in upscale dressing rooms with better lighting, and with the calming presence of a dear friend, but I didn't feel half as bad about my girth as I usually do. I mean. Yeah. That's true. Don't ask me about how I feel today, but on that particular day I was smiley happy Smitherson, not self-hatred McGee.

No comments: