Sunday, September 13, 2009

Waffles and Waterskiing Sunday

Sunday was another gorgeous day. I mean, look, look at how gorgeous.
For breakfast A.'s mom made waffles, over which I trickled maple syrup and consumed quite happily.
M. and G. decided they wanted to kayak across the lake (it's forty miles long, two miles wide). G. had the pink kayak, M. had the blue one. M., unfortunately couldn't quite get the kayak knack. I mean no disrespect, but it was really funny to watch him try to go in a straight line, as he inevitably would start weaving/paddling in a small circle.

Then there was waterskiing. The camera's batteries conked out, and the two additional sets I charged before leaving Philly had mysteriously lost all their power as well, and, as a result, I don't have as much photographic evidence of the skiing as I would like. H. skiied (I have suddenly forgotten how to spell that word) with only one ski on her feet, and did a really good splash down (or whatever the technical term for it might be) right in front of the dock, getting those of us on the dock a bit wet. G., who had tried skiing once before, five years ago, got up on his first try and came back to the dock without the same splash factor.
A. took her turn and had a few good moves.
I even gave it a shot. I know, you can't imagine it, it's impossible! Well, I tried to get up four times and each time I did not succeed. It was sad, I kept my knees bent, arms straight and leaned back but I couldn't quite stand once I was half way out of the water. I guess I wasn't meant to be a waterskiing rockstar. There is no proof that it happened because of the camera. Sigh.

No comments: