Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Eggs, Goodbye to the Lake and Curdside Appeal

On Labor Day, we made an early day of it. Breakfast was cooked by A.'s dad, and it was delicious. I mean, how can you go wrong with farm fresh eggs, bacon and English muffins? The answer is that you can't. I should have taken a photograph of the yolks of these eggs they were such a deep orange, not like what you find in the grocery store, even when you buy organic.
A. took one more dip in the lake.

I walked to the shore and dipped my feet into the waters but didn't fully immerse myself.
This is my 'I'm sad to leave such a pretty place' face.
We stopped in the Town of Caroline.

Then we stopped at an A&W restaurant place and tried their fried cheese curds. All three of us got our own, A. hoped that G. or I would have leftovers, but we didn't.
What a great weekend. It's amazing how much I really love pretty places, large groups of family members (none of which I am related to), hours outside with nothing on the agenda except reading and swimming, and excellent food...and fires! Sigh. Thank you again to the whole S. clan for welcoming into their delightful lake life.

No comments: