Monday, September 28, 2009

The Dragon Eats Back

So, my work life has picked up speed and made it so that my life feels as if it is all work, all the time, which is not entirely true, but it's pretty much true. I think everyone in the office is working both days of the weekend, and 10-12 hour days during the week. And this has been going on for two weeks, and will probably last at least one more, if not two. It can get to you a little. One way that our boss men hope to boost morale is through free lunches and, if you're still in the office at 7, free dinners. The lunches started last Monday, I believe. Here is a partial recap:

Our first day we ordered from last year's trusty King of Tandoor. I ordered the Motor Ponir (homemade cheese fried and cooked with green peas Punjab style). The dragon took a post on the garlic naan and kept an eye on a runaway cheese chunk.
The next day we ordered from Luigi's Pizza Fresca. I asked if anyone wanted to split a salad, but no one did, so I just ordered a full rugula salad anyways. So, why even mention asking about the splitting? No idea.
I also ordered their veal parmesan hoagie. It was disappointing. Mainly due to the meat, which shouldn't have been surprising, but I thought I'd give it a shot. I think an eggplant parm would have been the better call. The dragon was crushed under the weights of my sandwich expecations.
Then there was Greek from Zorbas. I ordered the gyros platter, not realizing how much I prefer it in a sandwich. It was still delicious, but I love the lettuce, tomato, tzatziki, gyro meat, pita combo much more.
Waves of meat.
The next day it was from Mugshot's. I had their goat cheese/spinach/pesto sandwich and a side salad.

Then we were back to Indian. This time I ordered the lamb achari, which had plenty of lemon pickle kick to it, in addition to tender lamb.

5 comments:

Hucklyberry said...

Yay! The dragon is back!

Also: I've been secretly wondering -- not knowing you -- what kind of job could have an annual busy season in September/October. Probably producing professional personalised Christmas cards ...

nc catherine said...

Indeed yay. I have missed the adventures of the wee fire breather. It all looked yumalicious.

cc said...

Huckleberry, I could have sworn I responded to your question. Clearly I was mistaken.

I am an edit the essays of those trying to get into MBA graduate programs. And a few first round deadlines were this week...and some more come throughout the next two, but the worst, we think, is over.

cc said...

that should be editor, not edit.

cc said...

or, rather it should be " I edit"

as much as that wouldn't seem to be the case at this precise moment