Friday, September 11, 2009

Lovely Dock Sitting, Jumping and Snake Rocking

This was Sky, a typically quiet and aloof Border Collie. Though more interested in people than some other Border Collies I have met in my life.

A. jumping into the water to show her amazing cannonball skills off to her younger cousin.
Later there was a snake seen. A. had asked me if I liked snakes and I had said sure, but I wouldn't have been overly happy had I been floating in the water and this little sucker swam on by my head or, gasp, brushed against my legs.

It was kind of cool to watch him swim from the shore.
Then he kept his head up like this for a good long time.
I found that putting thse rocks, warmed by the sun, on my legs was just delightful.
G. captured an itty bitty crayfish.
I 'bet' E., A.'s little cousin, all sorts of rocks that she couldn't do tasks like throw a rock past the dock, swim to the boat and back in under the count of 30...she had quite a collection of rocks by the end. I had a smaller collection, which included a vampire rock and a sea glass bottle neck kind of thing.
Later in the day we walked further down the lake.
It was pretty with a capital P.

No comments: