Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Cards and Deja Vu Decisions

Last week, after work, L. and I went over to St. Stephen's Green for beer, cards and dinner. After much internal debate, I decided to get the chicken cheesesteak.
The meal arrived and I immediately realized that I had ordered this dish in the past, and had not liked it at all...and yet I totally blocked that experience out when choosing this time around (I tried to find the post that must have accompanied my last foray with the St. Stephen's chicken cheese steak, but it may not actually exist). I ate it and, no surprise, I still didn't like it. The dish would be far superior if they actually cooked the chicken together with the exotic mushrooms and brie cheese, but they don't do this, no, they put one element on top of the next but you don't actually get a good mix of the different flavors in the majority of your bites. The whole thing needs salt.
L. also whooped me something fierce in Rummy.

No comments: