Sunday, September 27, 2009

Rack of Lamb with Rosemary/Parsley Pesto and Snackies

Last Saturday L. came to down. I was prepared for her arrival with a bottle of Vouvray, my spicy hummus-y chipotle cilantro dip, and truffle cheese.

I also prepared a pesto for a rack of lamb, and had let said pesto and lamb sit in a plastic bag, marinating, for a good number of hours.
Later in the night, after the white wine was done and we moved on to red, the lamb was cooked.
I managed to make it rare, but not dangerously so...and delicious. Really, really delicious.
L. and Zul had a posing moment.
Then L. put some of the excellent blueberry juice she brought into some beer, and it was one of the most curious and fascinating things I have ever seen.
Note the ring that girl's got going on...those there are some diamonds and emeralds with something I have decided is called filigree. Sparkly, sparkly, sparkly. It was a wonderful night. We looked through my extensive collection of photographs from college, finding gems of L. and Fat T. from our freshmen year, and generally remembering some of the good times. We also talked wedding details, since I get to be a bridesmaid. So far it seems that the nuptials of L. and Fat T. will be on an island, and we will need to get boats to ferry us over. My challenge will be to look cute as a bridesmaid while still carrying a camera around to take photographs of everything.

2 comments:

nc catherine said...

The ring is indeed quite delish.
The lamb looks awesome...a basil pesto? Who wouldda guessed. I am thinking a seriously garlicked and rosemaried pesto would be way awesome. And glad to see the debate about defying Mark He Knows All Bittman re the whole parboiling thing netted a rack tasty and rare. I cooked a leg o' lamb (boneless, what a joy) the other day and wondered as I preheated the oven extra hot just what had the man been thinking. Even brought it up with friends at dinner last night and got a unanimous WTF so he needs to rethink his position on lenghthy parboiling such a lovely treat before grilling or broiling!

nc catherine said...

So shoot me for being a dork, I totally spaced on the pesto ingredients, DUH. So like READ the title of the post doofus...yup that would be me, doofus extraordinaire...I am going to blame it on mold and mildew, rain for hmmmm 40 days? Or I will blame it on my leaking roof, distracted by the spectre of a total roof do over...