Friday, September 18, 2009

North Bowl League Party: Hole in One Comes in Third!

Last Wednesday Ak and A. and I met up at North Bowl Lanes for our league's awards party. There was really awful food, I took photographs of it, but, really, it isn't worth showing. There were also hula hoopers, a lot of them. And, in one corner of the upstairs space, you could get your Tarot cards read...kind of. She told me to pick three cards out of the pile and then she proceeded to, without really looking at or considering the cards, tell me that I'd be married by 29, that I'd maybe only have one child, that I shouldn't be surprised if I get pregnant at any time, I also wasn't going to win the lottery. That what I did for my job and what my education was wouldn't necessarily synch, but that I would be okay with this. She seemed to tell a lot of women that they'd be married within two years of their current age. Hmmm.


These were representatives from the winning team in our league...they were good, F., the girl on the left, was a consistent striker and another one of their teammates could do that magical thing where it looked like the ball was going into the gutter and then it would curve and strike.
Their trophy had a little more flair.
We were part of the Sunday league, which consisted of four teams. We came in third, and won a trophy and some cashola. The money and the trophy were kind of a surprise. There was a lot of shock.

At one point I felt an itch in one of my boots, and I wondered what it might be.
Turned out to be a pile of money!
The money was so great we thought we should show it around the space a little more.
I found that when confronted with a crisp $50, I have an unsatiable need to pretend to eat it.
At one point money fell from the ceiling!

No comments: