Monday, September 28, 2009

Muchly Needed Breakfast Sandwich c/o Morning Glory Diner

After our photo time L. and I sat outside for a bit more, drinking the drink and shooting the shit. Then I insisted on showing her an episode of the Mighty Boosh. Now, I wish I had prepared and had netflixed (it's a verb) the first season's disk, but all I had was the third. What could I do but at least give it a shot, if out of order. I have, by the bye, become majorly converted to finding the Mighty Boosh, and the two men and the team that makes it, just wonderful. Not many things truly make me just laugh. Anyways, the point is that L. and I stayed up pretty late, and the next day I had quite the headache. L., too, was not at 100%. Breakfasat was in order and I wanted to go somewhere new. So I consulted The Girl Who Eats Everything blog. She doesn't live in Philly but whenever she posts her visits to the city, I realize how much more eating and exploring could be done. So, I took a look around her Philly posts and liked the look of the Morning Glory Diner. That place is busy. L. and I arrived a little before 11 and didn't get seated until 11:45-noonish. I was drawn to the egg sandwich, and ordered it. Honestly, I could have done with a little more egg, but the sausage was great and the foccacia would nice too.
It was worth the wait to try a new place, and the sandwich really did hit the spot. But, if it were cold outside? That wait would not have been so great. The space is pretty small, and they have as many seats as there is room, so the wait can be steady. I bet they probably do have more traffic in the summers than the winters? It was strange, they had all these tables and chairs for those waiting to sit around and on, but it seemed like maybe the smarter idea would be to let people eat at the tables? Maybe they didn't have the waitstaff.
At first we discussed having breakfast and then having pho, but the problem was we were way too full for that, and L. had to get back to the city to play kickball and I had to go to work, so, in the end, we walked around Italian Market for a bit (one of the fish mongers had 2 dozen blue crabs for $10), then we drove around south philly for a little bit. I saw a few more streets, thus filling in just a little bit of the map of Philly in my brain (which is a lot of blank space, really).

No comments: