Wednesday, October 03, 2012

The Dragon and Sushi, Sandwich and Salad

So the busy season continued. Here are a few meals I had. This was sushi c/o Sakura. Shrimp tempura, eel and avocado and spicy crab. It's the kind of place where if you order sushi that isn't actually raw fish, you'll be happy. But the raw fish options are a little funky. Such is the life of a so-so sushi joint.
Frankly, I was pleased with my choices, but I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend the place.
Another day, another Primo's hoagie. This was a little heavy on the mayo, but still tasty. They have a way with pickles.
And finally a spinach salad c/o 3J's. They let you choose which ingredients you want. I went with tomato, corn, black olives, avocado and red onion, with the addition of grilled chicken. The chicken is fine, but not totally amazing. I kind of imagine they microwave it.

1 comment:

nc catherine said...

Ok I am so stealing this:

"It's the kind of place where if you order sushi that isn't actually raw fish, you'll be happy."

That could fit so many other food types, it is the kind of Mexican place that if you order plain fried chicken, you will be happy.

It is that kind of Thai place that if you order only hot buffalo wings, you will be happy....

Not that I am trash talkin' any places here, just keeping it in reserve....

But. Totally kicks it! Sorry that the fish part is so ish but that happens I guess.