Saturday, September 08, 2007

My Mother Didn't Like The Tone of This Post So Now I've Edited It

On Thursday I posted about how I hadn't heard back from a job opportunity and also didn't know if I was going to go out that night or stay in. Well, a few hours later the job people called and said that they would love to hire me...I waited for the but...but there was no but. I have become employed. Or I will on Friday. The job has nothing to do with writing and isn't glamorous in any way but I'll say this for it: I'll be making enough money a year to pay rent, bills and student loans with a little left over to eat and save, have health insurance and two weeks vacation and it's the kind of job that I won't have to really think about when I go home but will be relatively compelling while I'm there. So that's pretty sweet. I had already decided, at that point, to go to the free booze thing. And free booze thing I did do. There was pizza with potatoes on it (not to my liking) and a fair number of writing students. I drank a fair amount.
M.Lady and Rock of Love fanatic didn't drink as much so they look very nice...note M. Lady's filled in roses.
I, on the other hand, drank more than them...note my crazy eyes (seriously am I the only one who really enjoys How I Met Your Mother?).
Then this photograph was taken and I looked doubtful. Thankfully, I know exactly who that guy is.
Though I did not, at any point, lose my phone or throw it at any one I did enter a new number into my phone that I now have no idea who (to whom?) it belongs to. Unless someone out there's name is really jvstio'ms...somehow I don't think so. It was fun but I think that's it for me and the writing program's free booze. If I go again I may really become that weird guy who hangs around way after he's a part of something...and since all the people in the program are of age, it's not like I can make friends by offering to buy booze for the frosh. Better probably.

Mom is probably still unhappy.

1 comment:

J said...

Sounds like a nice night.

But if you didn't throw your phone at people you didn't really have a good time. And by good time, I mean: terrible, terrible, terrible time.

So I'm glad you didn't do that.