Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Dim Sum c/o Furama Part 38 (and on a Tuesday, no less!)

One Tuesday I met up with the guy who hosted this very fine party as well as being a recent Salmon Fest 2007 attendee and a friend of his who was also at the fest and from Alaska. We had lunch at Furama. Ostensibly we were there to talk about wine job prospects. Well, we did talk about that so I guess it's not really "ostensibly" as much as the truth. It was the small, downstairs restaurant space but it had a better selection than the time I went to Furama on a weekday. Afterwards we toured the Vietnamese/Asian supermarkets on Argyle.
Party-having guy bought these Gummy Candies. I was extremely skeptical but they were actually good in a gummy, funny way. One of the markets had live blue crabs. I have considered going back and getting some.
Thanks Velo Vino for the lunch and afternoon...not to mention the ride to the laundromat, that was pretty awesome.

No comments: