Saturday, September 29, 2007

Fish Tacos c/o Matilda

On Tuesday I met up with Player of Words at Matilda. We both had one dirty vodka martini. Well, we each had our own. I didn't find it dirty enough for my taste, actually. I had their simple salad and three fish tacos. On Tuesdays their fish tacos are a dollar each. They were tasty.
Tasty and flashed out and not rotated properly. Boo. I hadn't seen Player in quite some time and it was nice to catch up. Just up the street Peter Bjorn and John (or whatever the order is) were playing a show. I thought it was weird that when the show ended and recent goers of that show started filtering into the bar the staff decided to put on the band's album. Is it just me or is that weird? Player could see it both ways. I guess I haven't been to a musical show in forever. When was the last show I went to? Yikes. It may have been Sigur Ros in 2003 or was it 2004?
When I went to the Belmont stop to get home they were doing all sorts of crazy bright lighted night time construction.
Oh, the salad wasn't worth the effort, by the way. Well, it was a standard salad and its tomato slices were not very good. Not ice berg lettuce though and that's something. They also had $3 Pacificos.

No comments: