Sunday, September 16, 2007

Alan Greenspan Got an $8 Million Advance For His Book

I googled new job and this was the most entertaining, if not entirely accurate to my situation, of the first few images. Today was my first day jobbing. I liked highlighting things on the computer different colors, I really did-no sarcasm. And I can't wait until I get my own headset where I touch a button and the phone lifts itself up so's I don't have to hold the receiver (I'm not really joking about that either). I wonder if I will like it as much in 6 months. Maybe. The thing that freaks me out is how I didn't factor in having to pay x amount of money per month for health insurance. And, more importantly, the entire concept of 401(K)s is confusing and strange. Suddenly I should be saving for my retirement? Actually, I should have started saving for my retirement eight years ago. Here's the thing. I was planning on saving money but my plan for that money wasn't retirement, it was a house or a kick ass cheese tour trip in France. Now I have to worry about how I'll live when I'm 65? Sheee-it. I wasn't as worried about my future before I got a job. Well, yes I was. It was just a different version of worry. Ah me. I'm having a glass of Cakebread Cellears Rubaiyat wine c/o the dogs' owner...and she's right, it's very tasty.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it wasn't the 2001 rubaiyat was it? cause that stuff you can only get at the vineyard. they also have a really good sauv. blanc, i would say equally as good as their rubaiyat blend.

cc said...

No it's the 2005. Mmmm.

Paul, I didn't like the tone of your comment so I didn't publish it.

Anonymous said...

You're right. I'm still annoyed that you ignored my comment about roasting corn and that comes out as rudeness.
Sorry

cc said...

What are you talking about?