Thursday, September 06, 2007

Halibut

On Tuesday Tonguethrust made beer battered (they screamed as they were hit with beer cans) fish. We had, on loan, a deep fryer for this purpose and it was great. I'm not sure I've had a lot of halibut in my life. Each piece was perfectly crisp and still moist but the fish itself wasn't as flaky as a lot white fish. It made me think of the ebf's father once saying that a certain kind of fish was inedible because it was like eating cotton. This meal was entirely edible, but it was the first time I could see how fish flesh could go in the direction of, not necessarily tasting, but feeling like cotton in one's mouth.

But let's be clear, the meal was great and I thank Tonguethrust and the loaner of the deep fryer for making it.

1 comment:

brianfmorrissey said...

Holy Shite...lookit all that Halibut! Let's eat some sometime...