Sunday, September 02, 2007

Chicagoist Goes On Holiday

Once a month a fair amount of the Chicagoist staff gets together for Chicagoist Happy Hour. I, personally, hadn't attended one of these events in quite some time. This time around it was at Holiday Club off the Sheridan red line stop. There were, geez, probably around 15 of us and we all sat outside. There were cheese fries.
Moments of covering faces for reasons I don't understand.
And a fair amount of laughter. Whenever I go to these events I'm always struck by how witty and quick thinking the other Chicagoists really are. They are always extremely well-informed about Chicago-far more than I am- and half the time I have a hard time following the exact nature of the conversation (they reference people and places that I simply have no knowledge of). The other half of the time I'm having an excellent time. This past Thursday was no exception. I had a great time even when I didn't understand what the heck was going on.

No comments: