Thursday, September 20, 2007

In My Younger Days

In my younger days I was a bonafide slurpee fanatic. Man did I like a Slurpee (does one capitalize slurpee?). When I went to college I found myself in an almost entirely Slurpee-free environment. So I developed a passion for Dunkin Donuts' iced coffee, and hot coffee, and bagels with cream cheese. But deep down I've always missed the sugary sweet icy coldness of a slurpee on a hot day. In high school I tried to convince teachers to take entire classes to 7-11 for a round of cold ones...I'm pretty sure no one ever let this dream come true. When I was home from school I'd often drive to the nearby 7-11 once a day. That blue blue flavor, mixed with a little coca-cola and an extra squeeze of cherry red and you've got yourself a treat.
All to say that on Tuesday I got myself a slurpee...and it was deeeeee-licious!

1 comment:

chavalicious said...

oh yeah, i had the same experience, it's all about the slurp eeeee. there's a 7-11 on broadway by loyola i think. not too far but for lazy people like me, sort of far.