Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Only Bad Things

To read about Chicagoist's cheese of the month...or rather my desire to find a cheese in Chicago...go here. I can already feel a certain dread about the post and expect only bad things...readers reprimanding me for writing about a search, readers reprimanding me for not knowing every single possible place to find a product, readers simply saying they think what I've written is garbage.

The funny thing about this is that I write very few posts for Chicagoist and people hardly ever comment upon them. Some of the other writers for Chicagoist get 50 to 100 comments on a post and a lot of them are far more mean and incendiary than my occasional burns...yet every time some jerk says something mean on one of my posts I take it personally and I get upset...I get upset because I don't understand the point of saying something mean just because you can. If a reader has an actual problem with an aspect of my recipe, fine, that makes sense. But to say they disagree with the fact that I posted a certain recipe at all...well, come on, you could keep that to yourself. Anyways. Maybe I'm getting paranoid.

I should say that I get upset but it's not like I break into tears as much as I clench my fists and feel sick to my stomach for a few seconds.

No comments: