Friday, February 09, 2007

Way Back Over There

Whatever day it snowed...Tuesday I think...was cold. It was also my breaking point for having not really gone out into the real world in a while. So when I remembered that a Vassarite was plyaing music I thought to myself 'why not'. I gathered up my layers and mousehead and went to Joe's Bar for what I thought would be a medium to mediocre music experience. This is no offense to the Vassarite in question, I just have high standards and a snarky streak. When we arrived (after meeting up with another Vassarite) we found Joe's Bar to be full of television screens playing sports. We also found that there was a back room and a five dollar cover to get in...that, of course, is where the music was happening. But music wasn't the only thing happening. There was dancing (see above photograph) which I have enjoyed describing to people in person but don't have the wherewithall to describe properly right now. Let's just say Backstreet Boys wannabe meets Pussy Cat Dolls Wannabes. I had mozzarella sticks that, strangely, came with french fries. They were not very good. Well the cheese wasn't so bad...the fries were very bad.
After the Vassarite played we left...it was actually a talent show for UIC students...exactly how the Vassarite got involved is beyond me. This house is near where I live. Sometimes it has a friendly dog in its front yard. On my walk home that night I tried to take a proper photograph. Unfortunately I can't stay perfectly still for 3.2 seconds.

No comments: