Friday, February 09, 2007

Two Locations, One Night

Yesterday I had class. Then I had home time with the Gilmore Girls. Then I had a bus ride down to Wicker Park for a writing department get together at Innertown Pub. There was pizza but I didn't eat any of it. The Writing Department footed (foot?) the bill for us all to drink whatever we wanted for about an hour and a half. I had beer called Hofbrau or something...house frau? I tore myself away from the good time at Innertown so I could represent at the Chicagoist thingy at The Double Door.
When I first got to the second location I started regretting leaving the first. At the first there was noise but not so much that you couldn't have a conversation with those around you. Of course the entire point of the event was live music, so really I'm just a curmudgeon. But I stuck it out, partially because if I left Double Door I'd no longer be on the list (they won't let you go outside...once you're out you're out or something) and I wasn't actually sure anyone was left at the other locale. The music, as I mentioned, was loud. Loud but good. I have no idea which band I took a photograph of. When I got home (relatively early...kind of) my ears continued to ringggg ringggg ringgg.

But it was fun. Chicagoist writers are funny and nice.

1 comment:

Our Man In Chicago said...

I am surprised my finger didn't freeze in that position for as much as I needed to throw the bird at you last night.

You are a kind and lovely person. But sometimes you got the devil in you. :)

P.S. That's Farewell Captain in the pic.