Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Ina's and Oprah

On Sunday a friend participated in a pageant. The pageant was an opportunity for a lot of Irish American ladies between the ages of 17 and 28 to compete to be the St. Patrick's Day Parade Queen. Before going to the event I met up with Player of Words...but only after spending about two hours in a very frustrating and absolutely tedious mess up of CTA slowness and cc dumbness. Eventually I arrived (only half an hour late, ugh I hate being late) at Ina's for breakfast. Of course I was late enough that Player had to order for me, so a bloody Mary and Brie, asparagus and sausage omelet were waiting for me when, finally, I arrived. The food was pretty good, though I was rather suprised by the piddling number of potatoes. After breakfast/being kicked out of the closed restaurant, Player and I walked around the completely dead West Loop. This will probably be as close to Oprah as I will ever get.

No comments: