Friday, February 16, 2007

Gift Basket You Say?

Yesterday I had class and grad projects. Class is this thing that happens for three hours. Grad projects is this other thing that happens for one hour. It, technically, should be referred to as Graduate Projects. The class and the grad project both went well. In the class we talked about Marilyn Robinson's book Housekeeping. We watched parts of the movie version, mostly in fast forward and silence. The grad project was good. I realize I know a fair amount of my characters but not all of it comes across through my writing. Which means, astoundingly, more writing. I came home and there was a box by our mailboxes. It had my name on it! I took it up to the apartment and opened it. Inside was a basket filled with Harry and David goodness. Apples, pears, chocolate covered cherries, cheese and more were waiting for me when I got home!
I have already eaten an apple, a fair amount of the cherries and two truffles. It's dangerous this basket. It's dangerous in a brilliant, wonderful way. Thank you to Bear and Mackey's owner for such a thoughtful and sunshiney spot of my day.

No comments: