Thursday, March 29, 2012

Danish Magic c/o Tivoli Bread & Baking

Like I said yesterday, my shearing day actually began with a stop at Tivoli Bread & Baking Co. I made myself a cup of coffee, breached the counter and hung out with M. the Baker in the back for a while. He showed me some of his new creations, such as these lovely not-yet-baked blueberry cheesey danishes. M. was looking quite trim after a summer, fall and winter of taking better care of himself, so we discussed his workout regime a little bit, as well as something science-y that I only barely understood.
Soon it became time to leave the always cozy and companionable bakery and wend my way through the curvaceous backroads of the Red Hook/Tivoli area. As I drove I bit into this danish and each time I actually moaned over how good it was. Go there. Eat it.
And here are a few shots I took before the shearing got down to business. This is a sheep that has learned that if you're friendly with the humans, they may give you treats.

And even if you don't have treats, she'll give you multiple opportunities to think twice or pat her on her head.

No comments: