Friday, April 06, 2007

That Little Mexican Cafe

On Tuesday night Player With Words and I met up for a bit of dinner at That Little Mexican Cafe. We started with margaritas that rely on fresh squeezed lime juice, not sour mix, for their citrussy-ness. It was decent, I actually thought it was a little on the weak side.
We shared an order of guacamole that was made right in front of us. It was pretty good, all fresh ingredients, enough lime juice and everything else. Really great thinking going on right here, can't you tell?
I was disappointed by the chille rellenos. I had one 'veggie' and one 'chorizo' and neither were very satisfying. I guess this is mainly because they didn't have a cheese ooze factor. But the veggie one had potatoes, carrots and peas and, frankly, I thought it was weird and the veggies didn't taste all that great. The chorizo one had a whole lotta meat but somehow was equally unsatisfying. I would try it one more time for an enchilada or burrito, I think, but...

2 comments:

henrychan888 said...

the guac looks amazing!!!

henry chan

Anonymous said...

I USED TO WORK IN THAT RESTAURANT IN EVANSTON. ON CHURCH STREET. THE FOOD IS REALLY GOOD. IM SORRY THAT YOU WERENT SATISFIED BY THEIR FOOD THOUGH. THE MARGARITA IS THEIR SPECIALTY SO I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THAT.