Sunday, April 29, 2007

Icosium Kafe

On Friday No Longer Wayward SAICer and I went to Icosium Kafe (at Foster and Clark) for dinner. This was a first visit for both of us but I had read rather positive reviews about the food and was looking forward to Turkish coffee. Icosium Kafe is a créperie (I think that accent's wrong) and has quite the selection of both sweet and savory crepe fillings. And most everything comes with either Chicken or vegetable soup. I went with chicken. The broth was very fine though the chicken was a little too uniformly chopped for my taste.
The coffee was exactly as I hoped...I asked for it sweet...I'm not sure that sweet is 'authentic' but that's how I like it and it was perfecto.
I ordered the Greek Crépe which was filled with tomatoes, olives, Feta cheese, hummus-like dressing, Halal Merguez (extremely tasty lamb sausage), baby spinach and maybe something else. The thing was massive. If I hadn't ordered the lamb it would have been $8.50 for the huge crepe and soup. I wonder if they make their sweet crepes a bit thinner, more dainty, or if they're as hearty as my savory crepe.
I'm totally going to go back.

No comments: