Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter, Part I

Yesterday was Easter. I got up early in the morning and drove the three (and a little) hours to Fort Wayne, Indiana to the home of a high school friend's boyfriend. Within minutes of my arrival I was offered prosciutto and melon, yummy Spanish ham and delightful champagne.
We dyed Easter eggs while waiting for the Easter lunch to be cooked.
The Easter lunch, or perhaps "dinner", was amazing. Leg of lamb, roasted potatoes and green beans paired with really superb Burgundies...though I don't know which kind.


The lamb and veggies were followed by a cheese course.
And a lamb cake.

The meal ended with espresso and cognac. Or, actually, I had the Calvados (1963 Calvados, no less).
Panda the dog enjoyed running about.
We had an Easter egg hunt which truly was 'diabolical'. I found a lot of golf balls and, actually, the most eggs.
After about an hour of searching (maybe less I'm a little unclear) the friend's boyfriend's father (ie the hoster with the moster) brought out photographs of each egg. These photographs were taken at interesting angles that didn't make it obvious where the egg was but did give you an idea of where to look. The friend was so sure she recognized something that, in this picture, you can see that she has taken off at a run to get there before anybody else. I'm not sure if she was successful or not.
I found eggs.
The high school friend briefly put an egg in her mouth.
Panda got the lamb bone.
This is only the first part because there is a second part. Imagine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm panting and dying for part two! Where is it? Where is it?