Thursday, April 19, 2007

Digs

So, one day while I was watching the dogs, their owner's cleaning lady came to get her clean on I was told she would come between 8:30 and 9. So I left the house, with dogs in tow, at 8:20. We walked around for a while then went to the dog park and returned around 10. The woman, a nice lady, was still there which wasn't surprising. So I took the dogs out to the back porch to read for a while. I assumed she'd be done in an hour, two hours tops. Well, by 2:30 I was done with my book and hungry and the woman was still there. So I left. I mean, that's a really long time to be sitting on the porch. Others have pointed out that I could easily of sat inside but I just didn't feel like being in her way or otherwise acting as if I had more right to be leisurely than her (it's not my apartment let's remember). Anyways, I went to Clarke's. I was excited by the fact that they had a smoking section. I was less excited by the torn up and cramped booth they seated me in and though my eggs were cooked fine the sausage was gross. I had a piece of pie and it was really not good gooey and not in a good way. Don't go there unless you want to drink coffee and smoke cigarettes. Actually, I'm sure something on the menu is good...I'm just not going to be the one who figures it out.


No comments: