Monday, December 11, 2006

Scrabble Party

On Saturday the boyfriend and I hosted a little scrabble party. We had a little under twenty guests and a little over ten scrabble participants. I wanted to do a real tourney, complete with Wimbledon like flow charts and a grand champion. But then I realized that I didn't know how to seed people, people like coming two hours late to things even if they should know better (this is only in regards to a scrabble party...lateness in all other parties is accepted and understood), that I have no idea how to make a graphy type thing and that I always get worried that people are getting bored of what I'm enjoying. So there was no tournament, exactly. But there were three rounds of thirty minute games. I was gratified to see that a few people kept playing even after they were no longer required to. Overall success.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Uncle organizes those golf
leagues, I'm sure he could make you a proper chart.

cc said...

the boyfriend once managed haphazards on two triple word scores...i don't remember how, but it happened...and it still cuts deep.