Monday, December 18, 2006

Sad Sushi

At my insistence the boyfriend and I went to Bentonara for a little new sushi experience. It started off well enough...the Age-Doshi tofu was good. But generally speaking I do not think that the dinner was a success.
I had the maki combination which included a full california roll and half rolls of tuna, salmon, cucumber and shitaki mushrooms. This was an impressive amount of food, especially for the rock-bottom price of $10. But the quality of the makis were not up to par. The California rolls were dry. The tuna and salmon rolls were over stuffed with shoddily cut pieces of fish. The wasabi roe tasted nothing like wasabi, it was just green. The boyfriend said his Chirashi was fine. And the ikura and white tuna I had tasted like they should. But overall, way disappointing.

No comments: