Friday, December 08, 2006

Homage To Bubby's

I wish there was a link for Bubby's but since there isn't. Well. I don't know. Bubby's burritos was this phenomenal burrito stand at the intersection of routes 9G and 199 in the mid-Hudson-valley region. It was run by a former local/Bard student and her Mexican boyfriend/husband. They would spend the winter in Mexico and then come up to the states for the warm months. You always knew summer was really sticking when they had their open sign out. Ah me, Bubby's burritos. I'm glad to know the couple wasn't actually around this past summer (too busy having a baby). On Wednesday I tried to make a facsimile to a Bubby's burrito. The burrito that I ended up with wasn't bad...but it was no Bubby's.
Ingredients: pork (sliced thin and sauteed with a bit of homemade barbeque sauce and taco seasoning), brown rice, black refried beans, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, guacamole and sour cream.
And then we watched Keeping Up With The Steins. I think it had a modicum of humor but, overall, was just eh. Maybe if I was Jewish this would change, but I don't really think so ... funny is funny. There was too much of a 'my dad left me when I was young so now I have issues' aspect of the movie that ruined everything else.

No comments: