Thursday, December 21, 2006

Loverly Lobster

Yesterday the boyfriend and I stuffed his car with his belongings and then he drove me to the airport. I had a shitty time in the airport which involved a quick check-in and security process but then a lengthy amount of stupid. A few keywords that sum up the stupid: broken switch, deplane, new plane, waiting, no idea, Miami, delayed bags, bitch and moan, longer delay, takeoff imminent, waiting, urgh. But I finally did arrive in Nashville and had two parents and a van full of food waiting for me. The food included lobsters (something hard to come by in Sewanee and its surrounding area) and other things...like avocados and paté. We drove back from Nashville and hung out. I recounted Scrubs episodes and my parents recounted their weird run in with some guy and his friend. We were waiting for the boyfriend to arrive...we were his halfway mark (generally speaking) between Chicago and Georgia and the parents even had a lobster with his name on it...or, rather, a lobster named Roger (my mother named the lobster Roger...she named mine Priscilla). Finally the boyfriend arrived and then we feasted.

I am a lover of lobster. I just am. It's a thing about me, okay? Yeah. Don't mess with me. What am I talking about? So I'm in the library using their wireless internet. The library will be closed tomorrow through Christmas, so we'll see if any posts get posted by some sort of industrious method (sitting in a car outside of a university building probably). I got my license renewed today and I look like a very unattractive person in the photograph. Or not very unattractive. Less attractive than I actually am, how about that? I want a cat. Or a puppy. I should go.

No comments: